fedora 10 and an ati 9600 graphics card

Hi,

I recently installed fedora 10 onto my gateway desktop system. The system has an ATI 9600 graphics card, nad when I am running in console mode (which I do frequently), my braille display is showing a lot of random graphics characters.

My daughter looked at the display a week ago or so, and said there were a bunch of single and double virtical lines covering the display.

Is there a new driver I need, or an old driver I need for this graphics card to enable this system to work properly?