Firefox: US English language pack not installed by default?

Maybe it's just me but I have 3 installations of Firefox on F10 (was
F9) and I noticed that the spell checker kept wanting me to add e's to
the end of words so I go and check on the language packs and low and
behold there are a TON of languages installed but not US English.
Apparently it was using the British English dictionary to check my
spelling.

I've searched through bugzilla and didn't find a bug which surprised
me. Did it do something wrong in my installs? I was able to go to
Mozilla.org and install the correct language pack but it seems an
oversight not to have installed it by default.

Thanks,
Richard