Re: K3B , burning a audio CD Project

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:42:18 -0500, Jim wrote:

> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Jim wrote:
> >

> >> FC8/k3b-1.0.5-3.fc8
> >>
> >> Using the K3B New Audio Project.
> >>
> >> The audio files I'm trying to burn are Wav Mpeg Layer 3 Audio.
> >>
> >> What App. would I use to convert them so K3B will burn them.
> >>
> >> K3B Error Message
> >> Unable to handle the following files due to an unsupported format:
> >> You may manually convert these audio files to wave using another
> >> application supporting the audio format and then add the wave files to
> >> the K3b project.
> >>

> > rpmfusion.org, you're looking to install k3b-extras-freeworld
> >
> > -- Rex
> >

> I do have  k3b-extras-freeworld   installed.

Does "rpm -V k3b-extras-freeworld libmad k3b taglib" report anything?

What does the same query report if done with "rpm -q ..." instead of "-V"?

Is this with or without SELinux?

Does the "MAD decoder" plugin show up in k3b's plugin configuration dialog?

If you "yum install madplay", does it play those files?

And with "Wav Mpeg Layer 3 Audio" you refer to normal MP3 encoded files,
right?