Fedora 10 Live USB

I created Fedora 10 Live USB today and played with it for a while.
I just found out that none of the configurations and privately installed software were not saved at all when I booted with USB again at home.
I thought that I could save my personal settings and software to USB. Am I wrong?
Or is there any special procedure that I have to perform before I shut down?

Peter