Re: Evince can't show some Chinese characters in pdf file

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 9:36 AM, L <yuanlux gmail com> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 9:23 AM, L <yuanlux gmail com> wrote:
Hi
I use evince on fedora 9. It works very well on most occasions, but failed to show Chinese characters in this pdf file (echoed as squares).

I tried xpdf (did not fin xpdf-chinese-simplified rpm), have fonts-chinese installed (assume I have installed all Chinese support I can think of).

Could someone offer help?

attached is the exmaple pdf file.

best

Yua

this is a follow-up. when this attachment is viewed at gmail, It was opened ok, not sure what viewer is used in gmail?

In addition, This file can be viewed correctly using gv. I  still prefer open it  using evince. hope some fix?