Re: sun provides 64-bit java plugin for linux

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: sun provides 64-bit java plugin for linux
From: Neal Becker <ndbecker2 gmail com>
To: fedora-list redhat com
Date: 12/15/2008 04:27 PM

does anyone still care?

Not I.

Six years in the making, the original bug[1] at Sun is interesting to read. They deleted two years worth of comments including where Sun declared the 64-bit arch a "server only environment."

OT: The saggy performance and saggy corporate attitude has left a bad taste in my mouth, which leads me to never support or consider Java as a serious programming language.

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4802695