FC9 - recent upgrade breaks NFS - FIX

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Dec 15 23:10:17 UTC 2008

Caitlyn O'Hanna wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 19:59 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Looks like the x86-64 repos are either messaged up (I see you have the out of
>> date repomod.xml issue I see of x86-32bit), but it looks like you have both
>> livna and rpmfusions stuff enabled by default, so you may have a total mishmash
>> of conflicting packages from various places.
>
> You can have both livna and rpmfusion enabled; the only real package
> available in livna is libdecss[1].
>
> [1] http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/9/x86_64/00_PLEASE_READ.txt

You "can do" many things, but I have proved the hard way that mixing Fedora and
non-Fedora repos can result in unintended behavior. Libraries from good source
like rpmfusion may not be incorrect, but they can be incompatible.

The issue with repomd.xml reflecting two dates, both old, is another hint. I've
asked about that myself, no one has provided an explanation or a better
workaround than backing up and reinstalling. Once messed up there seems no
rational way to get proper updating restored.

Feel free to help Gerhard if you disagree.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>