Re: What are these F-10 boot slides?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: What are these F-10 boot slides?
From: Timothy Murphy <tim maths tcd ie>
To: fedora-list redhat com
Date: 12/16/2008 10:38 AM

Surely it is very odd to distribute a program which only works properly
on such a restricted range of hardware?

I feel I must be misunderstanding something.

It still works with all hardware. However, for flicker-free operation kernel-mode-setting is required.

Did you bother to go turn it on? I doubt you'll be saying "Fedora 8 boot was better" for much longer.

If you really must know why this was done, please search the Fedora wiki or google search for the Fedora Kernel Mode Setting feature.[1]

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KernelModesetting