KDE preferences ??

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Dec 16 17:16:32 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 16 December 2008 14:18:44 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > In my system the System Settings menu is directly under the K Menu (as
> > well as under Computer). Since I didn't change anything from the
> > defaults, I assume that's normal.
>
> 1) My KDE menu seems to differ slightly on various machines,
> perhaps according as I used preupgrade or not?
>
> 2) I don't find the organisation of the KDE menu at all intuitive.
> Sorry, but I think Bill got this one right, or nearly so.

I didn't like it, so I hardly ever use it.  I have panel shortcuts for the
things I need instant access to, and I set the less-frequently-used-but-
necessary apps to have an icon on the favourites screen.  After all that, I
still hardly use it.  I find that typing part of the name into krunner works
better for me.  (alt+F2 or desktop right-click, if you haven't found krunner).

Anne