Re: What are these F-10 boot slides?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: What are these F-10 boot slides?
From: Anne Wilson <annew kde org>
To: fedora-list redhat com
Date: 12/16/2008 11:22 AM

Well, on my netbook it has been spectacularly unsuccessful. The boot time is horrifically long. It seems that it first tries to bring up my wireless connection, failing miserably, then it tries to mount my 3 defined nfs mounts. Two of them are always available, one is not always. Instead of a reasonably short wait time, then moving on, it seems to wait a very long time. If anyone's interested I'll time it. Failing gracefully is something it needs to learn.

Anne

The whole NFS startup procedure was left in without any changes with respect to NetworkManager taking the reins in network device control. I tried searching for a bug on it, but I didn't see anything. I know NetworkManager will automount NFS upon IP configuration, so there needs to be investigation into whether the NFS init scripts can be modified to include #if $NetworkMananger eq 1; exit 0; instead of processing normally.