Re: KDE preferences ??

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Timothy Murphy <tim maths tcd ie> wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
>> In my system the System Settings menu is directly under the K Menu (as
>> well as under Computer). Since I didn't change anything from the
>> defaults, I assume that's normal.
>
> 1) My KDE menu seems to differ slightly on various machines,
> perhaps according as I used preupgrade or not?

Are you on F10? I haven't noticed this year across 3 machines, only
one on F10 though.

But I use the favourites and search features a lot.

> 2) I don't find the organisation of the KDE menu at all intuitive.
> Sorry, but I think Bill got this one right, or nearly so.

I actually like the new KDE menu. It's more useful to me. In 3.5, I
used the run dialog a lot more.

And if you mean Bill Gates, Vista's menu resembled KDE's a bit, just
less useful. Can generate a screenshot if interested.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )