Re: Video Capture

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 12:15 -0500, homburg tips-Q com
wrote:

Not specific to Fedora (my apologies in advance). Can
someone suggest a method by which I could capture
flash/flv content? In other words, I want to capture a
streaming video to disk. Can this be done?

Here's a hack approach that's worked for me in the past.

While flash content is being streamed it is being buffered into /tmp/Flash*. It remains there until it is done being watched. That means there is a window of time between when the flash has finished downloading but before it has finished playing where it can be copied from /tmp/Flash* to (what|where)ever you want to save it.

Sometimes I do this so I can watch a clean "flash" without any of the jerking or stutterring that may occur while watching "live".

hth, :m)