Re: Free (as in speech) flash alternative

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com> wrote:
Armin Moradi wrote:
The problem is simple.  I don't want to use Adobe flash and so I need a free alternative.
I run F10 with KDE4.2 beta 2 (from kde-redhat repo) and it's x86_64 arch, if any of that helps.

Sure, you can run ogg-vorbis if you want. Please go read the technical discussion on another list, it's not a Fedora issue it's a codec issue. O-V is free (but see the legal groups on that, as well).

Also I would like to know if I can somehow get flash working in Konqueror.

Wait... is this a case of you not wanting to run flash because it offends your moral sense that it's not open source, or because you can't make it work?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>
the machinations of the wicked."  - from Slashdot

I can make it work perfectly, but as you said, it offends my morals because it's not free!

--
Armin

"Character is a muscle"