Apt-get really screwed up on F9

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Dec 16 23:47:17 UTC 2008

Nigel Henry wrote:

> Fedora users ignore this post please. This is a complaint to the Fedora
> developers, who are living in their own little world. I thought that Linux
> was about choices, but it appears that Fedora devs have decided that Yum
> is the way to go, and Apt can go down the can, and be no longer supported.

<soapbox>
Yes, by all means, find a bug in single pkg among the many thousands in fedora , and then lay blame for said bug among all developers.  While you're at it, throw some personal insults as well.

Yeah, go for it.  Feel better now?  Hope so, it's a good way to make sure the *real* issue(s) here don't get heard or addressed.
</soapbox>

-- Rex