Replacing sysklogd with rsyslog

I have some Fedora 9 machines that were originally Fedora 7. They’re still holding onto the fc7 sysklogd. I installed rsyslog, but the system is not letting me remove the fedora 7 sysklogd package because all of my packages are depending on it. Is there anyway to fix this without reinstalling everything? Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Casartello, Jr.

Staff Assistant - Wireless Technician/Linux Administrator

Information Technology

Wilson 105A

Westfield State College

(413) 572-8245