gnome-mplayer with no sound, vlc does

I've got f-10 with the following situation.  I've got installed

gnome-mplayer-0.9.2-2.fc10.i386
gnome-mplayer-common-0.9.2-2.fc10.i386
mplayer-1.0-0.103.20080903svn.fc10.i386
mplayer-gui-1.0-0.103.20080903svn.fc10.i386
gecko-mediaplayer-0.9.2-2.fc10.i386

vlc-core-0.9.8a-1.fc10.i386
vlc-0.9.8a-1.fc10.i386

When I try to play
http://movies.apple.com/movies/disney/racetowitchmountain/racetowitchmountain_h480.mov

via firefox with gecko-mediaplayer, I get video just fine, but no audio.

Same URL via gnome-mplayer gives same results.  Via mplayer I get sound
& video.  Via vlc it plays fine with sound.

Where should I start to look?

--
Brian Millett - [ Ivanova and Sheridan, "A Distant Star"]
"Ever had a long talk with Ambassador Delenn, Commander?"