Program linked with libtermcap?

I have a program here that was linked with libtermcap, and no such
library seems to exist on Fedora 10 . yum search and such only point me
to ncurses, but that is already installed. ncurses-devel provides a
/usr/lib64/libtermcap.so for linking. But what to do with an already
linked program?
Needless to mention, I don't have the source. Is there something like a
compatibility package to stop termcap-based programs from breaking, or
will it just work to copy libtermcap from e.g. a Fedora 8 machine?

David Jansen

PS: yes I know, closed source is evil!