Re: Whoa! Need help resolving Yum issues

N. James Bridge wrote, On 12/17/2008 01:55 PM:
On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 10:40 -0800, Dan Thurman wrote:
I get this error from Yum...

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on
:1.31:/org/freedesktop/PackageKit: dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see
message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member "Introspect" error name
"(unset)" destination ":1.31")

I cannot seem to be able to get my yum updates working. It
is showing all sorts of dependency errors and I removed:

+ kadu
+ gyachi

and finally the only one left is:

fuse-emulator

for which I cannot remove.

What can I do to kick-start my yum updates so that
I can later add back in the above removed packages?

Thanks!
Dan

This was the subject of animated discussion recently: as I recall, an
update to dbus broke the automatic updates. I know the bug has been
fixed and I think that all that is necessary is to do "yum update dbus".

perhaps a bit more than that... like a reboot.
please see Paul Frields email:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-December/msg00012.html

granted the `yum update dbus` might be needed in Dan's case if other packages than dbus are preventing the yum update from finishing.

--
Todd Denniston