fedora 10 on ppc xserve

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 18 13:11:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 13:03 +0000, David Houghton wrote:

> Hello
>
>  I am trying to install fed 10 on an old ppc g4 xserve which
> only has cd support. After the install has finished with disk 1 it
> asks
> me to insert disk 2 (which i have in my hand) but it does not spit
> out disk 1. As it is an xserve there is no eject button. How do
> I eject a cd ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
----
you should be able to get into virtual console <Control><Alt><F2> and
issue an eject command...the problem is knowing which device which might
be gathered from std-out or std-error windows <Control><Alt><F3> or <F4>
and I think you get back to standard display with <Control><Alt><F7>

something like this might work...

eject -r

eject /dev/hda

Craig