Re: Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Dimi Paun wrote:
I vote that we don't vote on configuration changes and let the
upstream developers and package maintainers decide. Voting on every configuration change, we would obvious not be getting anywhere. The decision will be an upstream change or in other circumstances, the maintainer of the software in question. If the maintainers want to do
a survey, they can on their own or ask for help if needed.

This makes lots of sense -- to be consistent, I suggest we remove
all Fedora-related artwork that diverges from upstream. Including
the desktop background images too.

Branding doesn't really have anything to do with configuration changes.
I suggest that you read

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WhyUpstream

For artwork and branding, Fedora is essentially upstream for many things like Nodoka theme. To be consistent, the decision on which artwork to pick among the many competing proposals is left to the artwork team and not by a random vote in a mail cross posted to fedora-devel and fedora-list either. You are confusing completely different things.

Rahul