Re: F10 network issue

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 5:59 AM, Anoop <anoop chargotra gmail com> wrote:
> [rxgz DeepBlue ]$ /sbin/chkconfig --level 35 network on
>
> Internet connection is not O.K.
>
> here when I check the network settings the subnet mask is changed to 192.168.1.1 ???
>
> address:         192.168.1.2
> subnet mask:     192.168.1.1
> default gateway: 192.168.1.1
This is bug in system-config-network which copies gateway address  to
subnet mask. I edited the interface files in
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices manually to set the addresses.
I disabled 'NetworkManager' and enabled 'network' by running 'setup'.
After a reboot everything was in place and running.

Thanks,
Anoop

Hi,

I found the commands for working with a service via command line and wanted to share them.

chkconfig NetworkManager {off/on} - enables or disables that service
service NetworkManager {start/stop/restart} - starts, stops, or restarts the service

So; for my NetworkManager issue I ran these commands

chkconfig NetworkManager off
service NetworkManager stop
service network start
chkconfig network on

--
Marc F.

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide!"