Re: Question about enabling a few services.

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Frank Cox <theatre sasktel net> wrote:
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:40:17 -0700
Craig White wrote:
> > * squid (Would this somehow speed up my browser?)
> might be more trouble than it's worth but it does cache stuff

http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/squid-privoxy/index.html

If there's only one person using the proxy, how does it speed things up? Faster the second time (in other words, usually it won't)? bandwidth savings from skipping ads?

I looked at that URL, couldn't figure out how it would be different from just using noscript? Is it just  the ads? I don't want to get rid of ads, just avoid unwanted animations.

Dave