Re: Fedora 7 date display in ls -al

Todd Zullinger wrote, On 12/19/2008 09:41 AM:
Denise Agosti dana com wrote:
I have a Fedora 7 install in which the date displayed by default in
an "ls -al" command as follows:

-rw------- 1 root     root       6582 2008-12-19 04:25 maillog

On other Fedora and RedHat versions, the date is displayed by
default as follows:
-rw------- 1 root   root    1105372 Dec 19 08:38 maillog

Can anyone please tell me if there is there a way to change the way
the date in the "ls -al" command is displayed in Fedora 7 so that it
is the written month and numeric day as is the usual display?

You could use the --time-style option to specify any format you wanted
or you could set LC_TIME=C, which will get you the POSIX locale
format, which is like your latter example.

or if you just want a fairly consistent full output of time on files use --full-time which is "like -l --time-style=full-iso".

--
Todd Denniston