Re: Fedora 7 date display in ls -al

Denise Agosti dana com wrote:

Hello,

I have a Fedora 7 install in which the date displayed by default in an "ls -al" command as follows:

-rw------- 1 root     root       6582 *2008-12-19* 04:25 maillog

On other Fedora and RedHat versions, the date is displayed by default as follows:
-rw------- 1 root   root    1105372 *Dec 19* 08:38 maillog

Can anyone please tell me if there is there a way to change the way the date in the "ls -al" command is displayed in Fedora 7 so that it is the written month and numeric day as is the usual display?

Thanks,
Denise
You need to add an alias to your .bashrc (in your home dir)

something like

alias ls='ls --time-style="+%b %e %H:%M"'

should do it

Dunc