Making firefox look like IE

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 19 17:36:22 UTC 2008

?? wrote:

> user agent switcher, on the mozilla repository of add-ons

> I used it with the latest update of firefox, does work ok.
>
> Once installed, it appears under the top pull down menu "tools".

>> Message: 3
>> Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:22:18 -0600
>> From: Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>
>> Subject: Making firefox look like IE
>> To: fedora-list <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>>
>> There is plugin that makes firefox look to external servers like IE.
>> Does anyone know where it is and how to install it?

A lot of school kids that do there studies online to their school,
require IE , User Agent Switcher
doesn't always work, there is away that IE can be installed in Linux to
do the job, http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Installation

My sister has to communicate from home to her place of employment and
ie4linux solved her problem using FC8.

I know IE has a big HOLE in it, but this method is a lot cheaper than
having to go out and buy a $Windows box to communicate with School or Work.