Re: PackageKit major annoyances

2008/12/19 Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
> Even if you could intelligently, post installation, switch away from
> root back to the user who started installing things, do you really
> want thirty recently installed programs run to set them up?  I don't!

Right, maybe we need a:

[x] Do not show this dialog anymore

Although the reason you mentioned for moving to this paradigm in an earlier post seems reasonable, it might prove to be an annoyance when someone is setting up the system after a fresh install and knows what packages he/she wants.

However an option like this would be a good compromise.

Cheers,
--
Suvayu