Re: Deactivating password request after screen lock

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Weiner, Michael <weinerm ccf org> wrote:
> I have an unusual request from a user that I support, who would like me to
> deactivate (or disable) the password request that occurs after the screen is
> locked in an X session. He runs KDE and when the session is inactive, it
> locks the screen (as normal). And when he returns he finds it annoying to be
> asked for his password in order to unlock the screen. After a short period
> of explaining why this was a security FEATURE of the system, he still
> insists on having me do this. I have googled for some time and have come up
> empty handed and was wondering if ANYONE on this list had ever done this and
> how.

This makes no sense. Locking the screen means having to unlock it. If
you don't want to have to unlock it, don't lock it in the first place.
Just use the screensaver in "no lock" mode. Go to
Settings->Desktop->Screen Saver, select Start Automatically After X
mins, and unselect the box beside "Require password to stop". The
screensaver will activate after the time you set.

poc