Re: f10 no sound through usb headset

On Friday 19 December 2008 19:11, Don Raikes wrote:
> I have f10 installed and running fine on my gateway system, but I wanted to
> use my plantronics headset with it. I plugged in the headset and can see
> from the log that it is recognized, but I get no sound through the headset.
> Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi Don.

I'm not too up to speed on USB audio apps, apart from my USB midi keyboard,
but I'll have a go to start things off.

Is this on a laptop, or a PC? Which make, and model?

I assume that the sounds are working on F10, apart from the headset problem.

With the headset unplugged, post back the output from the commands below.

cat /proc/asound/cards
/sbin/lsmod | grep snd

If you have a laptop, with built in webcam, and mike, you will probably see
lsmod showing the snd-usb-audio module loaded, and the output from,
cat /proc/asound/cards will also show a card entry (perhaps card1, or card2)
for a USB device (a webcam's mike perhaps).

Anyway. Post back the output from running the commands above, and we'll take
it from there.

All the best.