Re: Comcast permanent block on port 25

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Comcast permanent block on port 25
From: bruce <bedouglas earthlink net>
To: phil themeyerfarm com, 'Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora.' <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 12/19/2008 01:12 PM

i've also known that i could get the biz level system to be able to legally
run these services. sometimes, i haven't had the cash, others not the time
to setup the biz accounts...

To get a business account with providers, I believe you have to prove (with state documents, etc) that you are a business. It's ridiculous. I'd easily be willing to pay $10-20 more a month to legally use ports 25/80 but the providers have no competition for such services. It's all extremely expensive for /very/ basic services.