Re: starting multiple simultaneous downloads of a file

On Friday, Dec 19th 2008 at 12:46 -0000, quoth Ali, Saqib:

=>Hello All,
=>
=>I am looking for a utility that can start multiple simultaneous
=>downloads of a file. I was looking into wget, but it doesn't seem like
=>that it can do that.
=>
=>Any thoughts?

Use lftp. Very cool ftp client.

It has the usual get and put commands, but you can also say pget (for
parallel get). It'll run multple simultanous gets on different segements
of the desired file. Does a nice job of saturating your NIC.

yum install lftp

steveo at syslang.net