Re: OT: Comcast permanent block on port 25

On 12/19/2008 01:18:55 PM, Reid Rivenburgh wrote:
It's this kind of thing that makes me nervous about
leaving Speakeasy
DSL, even though it's relatively expensive for the speed
($50 for 1.5
Mbps).  They've always had progressive rules and seem
linux-friendly.
That and the fact that the wiring in the house is so lousy
that
Comcast internet was really flaky....

Since Speakeasy doesn't have a true DSL to my neighborhood, I get iDSL. Slow as Christmas, expensive, and so forth. But worth the money due to the quality of their support people. Barely worth it by now, but still worth it.