fuse changed my mount points?

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Sat Dec 20 16:55:42 UTC 2008

I'm running a dual boot system and have done for years. It goes back far enough that external filesystems used to be mounted on /mnt instead of the current preferred place of /media.

Some recent update decided (without any notification) that /mnt was now too old and my XP system should be mounted on /media/disk instead of what I had set up which was /mnt/c_drive. This also bumped my external USB drive from /mdeia/disk to /media/disk-1

As a result, I can no longer access my XP C drive, Samba is broken and BackupPC which uses the USB drive is also broken.

Where can I configure fuse so that I can revert back to the old mount point?

I'm assuming that this has something to do with automount but I don't see anything in /etc/auto.master or /etc/auto.misc.

Thanks,
Steve