Re: Why did I not get readahead when I upgraded from F9 to F10?

Steven W. Orr wrote:
I noticed that the new F10 boot process is supposed to be somewhat faster because it took advantage of a new package called readahead.
That's incorrect. Readahead had nothing to do with Fedora boot optimization.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBetterStartup for more details.
When I upgraded from F9 to F10, I did not get readahead. I did go ahead and I added that package to my system. My question is, is there a way to see what packages are installed by default on a new install vs what packages are installed as part of an upgrade? Or is this a bug?
This is not a bug. In some of the boot profiling. it was found out that, readahead slows down bootup to a good extend. There is a potential replacement in development that handles things a bit more intelligently. Refer

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/20SecondStartup

Rahul