Re: Simple question regarding touch and mv

Roger Heflin wrote:

>> Don't some programs interpret -- as stdin?
>>

> No.
>
> But some programs do interpret -- as no more options after this.
>
> so:
>
> "touch -- -foo" will work as the -- tells touch that there are no
> options after this.

I think it works for almost all command line programs - probably all
the ones written in C. I believe it is build into the library
function that separates out options. ./-foo also works because you
are giving the path, so the - is not seen as an options. (./ = in
current directory.)

Mikkel