Re: X session frozes

> >> Run 'X -configure'
> >> This will create xorg.conf.
> >>
> > It does not help.
> > In fact I was expecting to find a /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> You mean 'X -configure' is not creating xorg.conf
> file ?

X -configure creates a file /root/xorg.conf.new
You(the user) run the test that is asked and then if you can see the mouse in the middle of the screen you are good to go and use the keys
CTRL + ALT + BACKSPACE.

Once you know that the file xorg.conf.new works, as root user
$ su -
passwd:
# cp xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf

then the file will be there.