Re: Thunderbird 3 Beta 1 RPM - Did anyone make it?

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Mark <markg85 gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to try out the latest Thunberbird beta but i can't find a
>> rpm for it anywhere.
>> Is a RPM of that latest beta even build by anyone?
>
> AFAIK there is no RPM yet (and I wouldn't expect there to be until the
> thing is actually released). Just download the tarball and unpack it.
> You can use it directly without installation. Note that it will change
> some profile settings in ~/.thunderbird so make a backup if you want
> to be careful.
>
> poc

I want to run it and tried that method your suggesting but i have
fedora 64 bit installed and there is only a 32 bit binary of
thunderbird available thus is asks for libs... compiling it under 64
bit doesn't seem to be working (haven't figured out why)