Re: 1-second kernel

From: "Frank Cox" <theatre sasktel net>
Sent: Saturday, 2008, December 20 09:36

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:29:37 -0600
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

One other thing - was the Amiga booting from ROM?

Depends on the Amiga.  On the 500 and 1000 models, you had to boot from a
Kickstart disk, then boot from a Workbench disk. The 2000 had a Kickstart rom, but you then had to boot Workbench from a disk (either a 3.5" floppy or a hard
drive).

It also depends on what you did after the machine was running the
s:startup-sequence. Mine was "rather large" in a sequence of files that
setup a world of macros and brought up an initial console window right
at the end after running a whole lot of background utilities. Wizardess
World was erm a minute or two for booting. But once in it life was nice.
(I miss some of the utilities I had running.)

{^_-} Yes, I am "That jdow"