Re: Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Mike Cloaked wrote:

Mike Cloaked wrote:

Frank Cox-2 wrote:
yum install nautilus-open-terminal

Indeed it does work when right clicking to give an option to open a
terminal window though when doing this in f10 it opens a terminal in
~/Desktop by default.
How can you change the default directory for the terminal window that is
created? (i.e. the home directory or ~/Documents)

Sorry to answer my own question but I found the answer looking back through
the posts on this list from a while ago on a different thread:

"Make sure you have gconf-editor installed, if not 'yum install
gconf-editor'.  Once installed run gconf-editor and then go the Apps
section, then look for nautilus-open-terminal.  Put a check mark in
the desktop_opens_home_dir entry.  It will then go back to its old
behaviour. "

That works fine....(I did log out and back in to make sure of changes
sticking)

I just added gconf-editor, and now I can right click on the desktop to open a terminal window.

THANKS!

Now to go do that to the one FC9 system I am running; suspect it will be the same sequence.