lost compiz Decrease window opacity with new update

Before today I was able to decrease the opacity of individual windows by holding down the alt key and running my scroll wheel back. After the update today I could no longer do that.

I installed gnome-compiz-preferences and the Decrease window opacity field was empty. I clicked in it, and held alt and my scroll wheel (actually evidently botton 5 on my Logitech marble mouse) and now it says

<Alt>Button5

but it still doesn't do anything.

Swinging the desktops around and wobbly windows still work. I do get an error with gnome-compiz-preferences; 3 of these:

"Type mismatch: Expected list, got string"

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator
Aldon Computer Group

(510) 285-8542 | hughc aldon com