Re: F9 and up: XDMCP support?

M A Young wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

I have been waiting for awhile, understood that XDMCP support
was to be added in at some time, but yet, it is not still there?

Fedora 9 works for me. I have not tried Fedora 10.

    Michael Young

Using Gnome?  If so, how did you get it to work?

I have:

# cat /etc/gdm/custom.conf:
# GDM configuration storage

[xdmcp]
Enable=True
Willing=/etc/X11/xdm/Xwilling
Xaccess=/etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess
Port=177

[chooser]

[security]

[debug]

... and I tried:

# nmap -sU -p 177

Starting Nmap 4.53 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2008-12-22 13:24 PST
WARNING: No targets were specified, so 0 hosts scanned.
Nmap done: 0 IP addresses (0 hosts up) scanned in 0.098 seconds

So the port is not there...

Thanks!
Dan