Re: VMWare 6.5 and Fedora 10

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Christopher A. Williams <chriswfedora cawllc com> wrote:
On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 14:58 +0100, Alain Roger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there someone who experienced issue running Fedora 10 on VMWare
> 6.5 ?
> for example when i switch on the effects for desktop, everything
> becomes black or white... and i can reinstall the whole F10 :-(

Unfortunately, the VMware video drivers for F10 do not support the
required acceleration needed to run Desktop Effects when running F10 in
a VM on Workstation 6.5. That's why you're getting the blank white
screen.

F10 in a VM on Workstation 6.5 + Desktop Effects = Bad Idea.

Cheers,

Chris

thanks a lot Chris for your feedback.
this is what i thought...

I have to say that before migrating to F10 i wanted to test it under VMWare 6.5 that's was the purpose.

Alain

PS for Ed: my Hosting OS is Windows XP 64 bits.