Re: Updating and installing packages without an internet connection

> ... How would
> dependency resolution work in that case? Is there any way I can find
> that out beforehand and download all the dependency pacakges as well?

Yup. Install gnome-packagekit-extra and use the service pack creator[1]
on a live CD.

Richard.

[1] http://www.packagekit.org/img/gpk-service-pack.png

After I read your reply, I looked at your blog post about this. Sounds very useful, specially for my case. How would this work exactly in my case, since I would be downloading the updates / new packages on Ubuntu?

btw, thanks for all the worthwhile suggestions. I 'll have to do some more reading on all these.

--
Suvayu