VMWare 6.5 and Fedora 10

Alain Roger raf.news at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 10:22:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Alain Roger <raf.news at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Christopher A. Williams <
> chriswfedora at cawllc.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 14:58 +0100, Alain Roger wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Is there someone who experienced issue running Fedora 10 on VMWare
>> > 6.5 ?
>> > for example when i switch on the effects for desktop, everything
>> > becomes black or white... and i can reinstall the whole F10 :-(
>>
>> Unfortunately, the VMware video drivers for F10 do not support the
>> required acceleration needed to run Desktop Effects when running F10 in
>> a VM on Workstation 6.5. That's why you're getting the blank white
>> screen.
>>
>> F10 in a VM on Workstation 6.5 + Desktop Effects = Bad Idea.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Chris

I'm reopening this issue not as such but as complementary information.
when i run F10 (without desktop effect) under KDE, it always starts in
800x600 under VMWare 6.5 whereas last session i set it up to 1200 x 800 or
to 1152 x 864.
moreover, i setup the KDE Manager to display the same login windows as F10
KDE live... but nothing is displayed.

so where could be the problem ?
thx.

A.