Re: VMWare 6.5 and Fedora 10

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed Greshko greshko com> wrote:
Alain Roger wrote:
> I'm reopening this issue not as such but as complementary information.
> when i run F10 (without desktop effect) under KDE, it always starts in
> 800x600 under VMWare 6.5 whereas last session i set it up to 1200 x
> 800 or to 1152 x 864.
> moreover, i setup the KDE Manager to display the same login windows as
> F10 KDE live... but nothing is displayed.
> so where could be the problem ?
> thx.
Install vmware tools....but don't allow it to change the xorg.conf.
After that, when you start your F10 and log in go to konsole and type
"vmware-user".  If you have guest fix set it'll be fine.

Remember, F10 was released *after* ws 6.5.

sorry to be stupid but i don't catch it.
1. i start F10
2. i login with my user account
3. i open a console and type vmware-user under the console ????