Re: E-mail Server

On Sat, 2008-12-27 at 11:10 +1930, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 10:45 PM, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec pomec net> wrote:
> > spamassassin is great, and you will need to make sure you know how to
> > use a spam filter.
> >
> > clamav is better, and I have used it as a sendmail milter and within
> > procmail.  The milter works better.
>
> Clamav and spamassassin have different goals. There is some overlap,
> but it doesn't make sense to say that one is *better* than the other.
>
> poc

Poc,

Let me revise what I have said.

spamassassin is great, but is not a total solution to block spam; I have
not found anything better to block spam.

clamav is also great, and is nearly a total solution to filter e-mails
that are infested with virus.

spam filtering is a different problem and ends up being a bigger problem
than virus filtering because the solution is not as complete.

Greg