Alternative to VNC that yields sound?

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 27 09:49:03 UTC 2008

    David> Install VLC on the linux machine, set it up to do remote
    David> streaming, then install VLC on the Air, and have it connect
    David> to that stream. It's been a while since I've done that, but
    David> I think I remember writing a shell script to use the CLI
    David> version of VLC to open the DVD and start streaming
    David> it. Check
    David> http://www.videolan.org/doc/vlc-user-guide/en/ch04.html

Well, I'm completely lost in all that. For one thing, the interface
illustrated on the FAQ does not conform to the interface on Linux (the
latter has a Media menu, rather than a File menu).

I tried running a UDP unicast - I don't know what URL to enter on the
mac side - it just has udp:// by default.

Nothing seems to happen.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire