Re: is KDE dead - did Gnome win?

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Why does the GUI [of system-config-printer] depend on gnome at all? As
> opposed to just Gtk?

It depends on gnome-python2, presumably because it uses some of its
features. (I think the systray applet is what uses the GNOME libs.) Just as
programs depend on KDE rather than just Qt for good reasons.

I don't think removing the GNOME dependency is the correct solution,
splitting off the common, non-GUI files shared with KDE into a
system-config-printer-common subpackage is. (I should have filed a bug to
request this ages ago.)

        Kevin Kofler