Re: screen settings

charles zeitler wrote:
when i click on "system settings-> screen" my display goes black
& my computer locks up. any suggestions?

When you start, edit the kernel config to define the vga mode. A good safe one is "vga=0x318" for 1024x768, and if that helps "vga=ask" to try other settings if your hardware supports them. When you find what you want, you can make it permanent in /boot/grub/grub.conf for future use.

Note that you will probably get the vesafb as you frame buffer, there is a module called radeonfb but I haven't seen it used.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>