Re: Catch-22 : wide monitor

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 18:22 -0500, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:
... "linux vga=792" or some other vesa mode you like for your hardware.

I've often wondered: where are these magic numbers documented, or how
can they be decoded to figure out what to use with, say, a 1280x800 or
1280x1024 or other resolution?

Kernel source, Documentation directory. I don't remember the file, but there's a pointer to it in the kernel-parameters.txt file, or you can just use "vga=ask" and select something usable.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>