Re: Catch-22 : wide monitor -- Surprise!

Beartooth wrote:

Btw, I don't really suppose this new change in anaconda is an act of purposeful obscurantism -- but the result is not significantly different. If the developers were deliberately trying to drive non- technoid users away, they could hardly do it more effectively than by this and several other changes (such as package kit and network manager).

I have to agree, FC10 is absolutely the worst install available. I have it on five machines now, and in every case I had to do video tricks to get a working display. I think the people who put in that animated boot display took control, and were more concerned with having people oh and ah over the animation that have a working default video mode like 800x600, and have the graphics *fit* instead of depending on screen scrolling, which also doesn't work on several machines I tried, even if you know it's there.

I have still been giving out FC9 DVDs to people, FC10 is just geek material as far as I'm concerned. FC10 is great software, but a hideous install.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>